Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary

stadtpfarrkirche-maria-himmelfahrt.jpg

After the demolition of the old and dilapidated St. Mary´s Church, the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary was built in the 15th century in the Gothic architectural style. From 1861 to 1863, the bell tower was built. From 1877 to 1886 the nave was extended and completely renovated in the Neo-Gothic style. Of particular importance is the high altar, which was carved from Kelheim marble by the sculptor Johann Obermeier in 1878.